Friday, February 6, 2009

“….. best night ever!”

So as many of you know, Friday night around our house is family movie night. We usually have to let each one of the girls choose a movie so we don’t have to deal with the fighting. Which one we watch first depends on whose day it is (the girls are assigned days so we don’t have to deal with fighting over who is first or whose day it is to take the dog out). Well tonight was Jaylee’s turn to pick the movie and watch it first. The one she chose was High School Musical 3.

To make it so that we weren’t up all night watching movies we decided to just do sandwiches for dinner and allow the girls to eat in the front room so we could start the movie earlier. Now many of you probably don’t know but one of the rules at our house is kids are not allowed to eat anywhere but at the kitchen counter. I know it is mean, but our girls are not the cleanest eaters and I kinda don’t want to deal with spills on the carpet or furniture. Anyway, Jaylee’s reaction to the news was not expected. She got sooo excited and just kept saying that “this is going to be the best night ever. We get to eat in the living room and watch HSM.” Jon and I just kept laughing at her reaction. Who knew being able to eat in the living room would make it the best night ever.

Another thing that has made the girls happy is Jon took his laptop and set it up in the kitchen for the girls to use. Today he even showed them how to write to people on MSN instant messenger. It was kinds funny because they would write something to us and if they didn’t get a response right away they would start yelling to us that we have a message. It has been interesting to see how well they can type and spell. Jaylee is all over the place with her responses but she is having fun doing it. If anyone has a hotmail account they want us to add to the girls IM so they can talk to them then just let us know. Jon controls pretty much everything they can do on that computer.

Job update:

Well I got the job at Walmart. I am going to be working at the Customer Service counter. We had orientation Wednesday. I came home with a BAD migraine. I had to pick Livy up from my brothers and barely made it home without throwing up. I don’t know if that is a sign that Walmart is not good for me or what. I start working at the store and training on Monday. Oh boy am I excited. I guess I shouldn’t complain because I now have a job at a time when it is REALLY difficult to find one. We will see how this goes. Now I have to try and figure out somewhere for Livy to go after school on the days that both Jon and I work. Their are days that I am glad that I got a job because it means that I am worth more than just being a mom and wife and then their are days that it is going to be difficult not being here for the girls when they get home from school. I think they have enjoyed that and it has been good for them.

5 comments:

  1. I know those little girls love seeing you when they get home. Your such a good mother to them and that is why your going to work............ so you can give them everything in the whole world. he he just kidding but good luck with the job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, Jaylee sure is a easy pleaser. yeah for HSM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to hear things are going well on the home front. Good luck with the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. take it from an old Walmart pro....walmart is good for no one.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute family, I am friends with John so I came to see your blog. I love the idea of family movie night. So fun, I think I'll adopt it

    ReplyDelete