Saturday, January 10, 2009

Our Week In Review

Christmas break is finally over! YEA! Our girls were so excited to go back to school. They are still young enough that they like school. It will be interesting to see how long that lasts.

I had to laugh at Livy, she was sure that she was going to 1st grade instead of back to kindergarten. She is doing so well in school that it wouldn’t surprise me if she could keep up with the 1st graders. She came home on Thursday and was excited that she has moved into bigger, longer, harder reading books.

Olivia has also advanced on the monkey bars. After a lot of practicing she is now able to do them while going every other bar instead of having to use every bar. The only thing she complained about was that her blisters on her hands were starting to come back. I guess the break from doing them made her hands soft again.

Jaylee is doing well at her reading also. They have moved her into harder books. She usually has the books read by the time she gets home from school. She is doing really well at her spelling also. She usually only misses one or two on her weekly spelling tests.

It is amazing to me how much Jaylee has changed since last year. I don’t think she played with too many people while at recess last year. This year I am hearing more and more about the fun she is having. Their is a little boy in her class that she plays football with during recess. Who would have ever thought that one of Jon’s kids would be interested in sports. HAHA

As for my week. I received a call from the managers at Wal-Mart that are interviewing people for the new store they are opening in Hurricane. They called me for a fitting room associate, but by the second interview they were wanting me to be an associate at the customer service desk. I had to laugh at the first lady I interviewed with. She got done with all the questions and just looked at me and said, “ I want you. I want you in my department”. Let me tell you it is nice to hear and know that you are wanted for more than being a mom and wife. I missed knowing that an employer is needing and wanting me. Anyway, I have to go back Monday for one more interview and the drug test. I guess after I pass that test I will find out if I am hired or not. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment