Tuesday, January 6, 2009

And So It Begins

With the new year here I have been thinking about the things I want to accomplish in 2009. The more I thought about it the longer the list got. So after much consideration I decided to go with the ones I always start working on at the beginning of each year. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is the year I actually accomplish at least one thing.

#1   To loose weight. My goal this year is to average 10 pounds lost per month. Getting me to my goal of a total 120 pounds lost by the end of the year. I know that seems like a lot, but trust me I have that much to loose. Jon and I started the “diet” yesterday. We joined LA Weightloss last year, but the location we went to closed down so now we have a year supply of their product sitting in our kitchen in boxes. I decided that their program was a little strict for me. For some reason I have a hard time with people telling me what I can and can’t eat. So we are going to do the Weightwatchers program since I have moms books and I can eat the things I like as long as they are small portions ( I guess I feel less deprived of certain things this way) and then incorporate the other products we have.

Because of this goal I have decided to start this blog. To me it is a way to vent about the “diet” process and also a way to keep me focused on the end goal. So for all those reading this I am sorry but you are going to have to read about this journey.

#2   Go back to church with our kids and prepare ourselves to be sealed in the temple for time and all eternity. For the past year we have been taking the kids to church to attend primary or they have gone with their friend. After much thought and prayer we have decided that it is time for us to get off our butts and prepare to have an eternal family.

#3   To put together a 5 year plan to get ourselves out of debt. This includes everything but the house. With me not working the past 6 months and Jon only getting part time with Staples it has been hard not knowing how you are going to make it from month to month. With this goal it will be a struggle for the 5 years, but the end result and not having to worry about debt will be the biggest weight off our lives and our marriage.

So sit back everyone and enjoy the ride. I will also post things about the girls that Jon doesn’t think about writing about.

Happy New Year Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. cool blog, I am excited that you started one! I am doing Weight Watchers too, its not fun, but it works if you work it. My problem is I don't eat because I am hungry... I EAT BECAUSE IT TASTE GOOD! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete