Sunday, January 18, 2009

What to write about?!?!

So I have been sitting here trying to find something to write about. In my attempt to come up with something I turned to the girls to have them tell me what they did this past week that they want everyone to know about. The only thing I got out of them was played with my family and played picturika. Well that was not much help.

So here is my attempt to come up with something.

Olivia-   For Christmas we got the girls the game Picturika. Olivia absolutely loves that game. For those of you that have never heard of it you have a board with a bunch of odd pictures on it. On your turn you either have to find the picture or find the objects that are on the card, things like “objects found in a doctors office” or “things you sit on”. We took the game with us to my parents house last Sunday and played it with them and my brother. Oh my goodness…. my brother was out of control. But what a fun time we had.

Jaylee-   Jon has started watching the “Buffy, the vampire slayer” series that he borrowed from his sister. I think he is on season 5. Anyway, Jaylee is sooooo much like her father and loves these shows. It is hard to tear her away from the TV when they are on. The only bad thing is she does not stop talking through the entire show. She has a hard time just watching the show and not asking 50 million questions about what is going to happen next.

Jon- Windows has put out a beta for their new software- Windows 7.  Jon was a little excited about it and sat at the computer all day when it was released to be one of the lucky ones to get the key code. Well his persistence paid off and he got the code. So pretty much all this week when he is not working he is at the computer getting all his programs and files up and running. He seems pretty happy with everything so far except the networking part. It is a little slow for his liking. As for work Jon got employee of the month last week. Came with a certificate and a pin to put on his name badge. I think he was kinda excited. He texted me a picture of the certificate after they gave it to him.

As for me-   I had my third interview with Wal-Mart last Monday. Must have gone well since they sent me for the drug screen. Now all I am waiting on is the results from that and the background check. I was told I would know by the end of the month. It is kinda sad, I know I should be grateful that I have the possibility of a job, but it is sooo hard to be happy about getting a job that is paying less than half of what I was making at my last job. I was making more getting unemployment then I will be with this job.

And for the update on the goals- It is the end of week 2 and Jon has lost 7 pounds and I have not lost anything. Gee this is going to be fun. We have made it to church twice this month. We slept in last week and missed the meetings. We are working on it though.

We have been wanting to get updated family pictures for awhile now and figured we just need to get it done and stop thinking about when the best time is going to be. So, this Saturday my mom will be our wonderful photographer and I will post the pictures either that night or Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment